[aprssig] [Fwd: Fraudulent W0APR license renewal/modification filing]

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 00:30:28 EST 2008

Dear APRS Sig:

I am forwarding this message to the group so that all are aware of what
has transpired with respect to the W0APR club license.

Brian Short, KC0BS, is not now nor ever was a member of the Kansas City
APRS Working Group, the licensee of station license W0APR. This is his
second fraudulent act with respect to KCAWG. In 2004 Mr. Short
misrepresented himself and took control of the clubs web domain name
(www.kcaprs.org).

Initially I agreed to allow him and his partner a six month period to
see what they could accomplish after which time they promised to bring
me into their new organization. Obviously that never happened!

When Mr. Short pirated the KCAWG website he initially attempted to use
the KCAWG callsign as part of his new logo and removed it ONLY after I
insisted that he do so.

In this instance Mr. Short was contacted by the license trustee late
last week with respect to renewing the license (which was already in
process by me!). Mr. Short misrepresented himself to the trustee as
being the new responsible party. I spoke with the trustee earlier this
evening and he apologized profusely for assuming that Mr. Short
represented OUR club because he went to the old web address to contact
ME and found Mr. Short's contact.

I have sent Mr. Short four emails today requesting nicely at first, and
finally with what follows. None of these contacts have been returned. I
have also attempted to locate a telephone contact for him and there is
no listing for his name found in directory assistance at the address
listed as his primary station address in the FCC database.

I regret having to drag this out into the national public eye however
Mr. Short's non-response and his actions not only in this matter but in
the high-jacking of the KCAPRS.ORG domain name and website in 2004 are
at best questionable and unethical.

The KCAWG officer expect Mr. Short to cease and desist from this type of
action and to do the right thing and file an immediate modification of
the KCAWG club license with FCC.

Sincerely,
James Duncan, KU0G
KCAWG Chairman