[aprssig] APRS as a Situational Awareness tool

Frank Watervoort frank at watervoort.com
Tue Jan 15 20:02:39 EST 2008

John,

Take a look at the APRS software I am developing, called PinPoint. It
runs fine using Windows 2000, XP, Vista, etc. The software is free, but
you do need to buy Microsoft MapPoint 2004 or 2006 version, since that
is used as the mapping engine. The latest stable version is 1.0.2 and I
am developing the next release (in my spare time). Future features
(including many of the items that Bob Bruninga mentioned in terms of the
best use of the network) will be included in future releases.

We (the local ARES group) use PinPoint successfully in the Douglas
County EOC in Colorado.

Here's the link: http://www.aresd24.org/pinpoint.shtml
Take a look to get the full scoop. There's a screenshot on the web page.

73,

Frank
AB0WV