[aprssig] Help needed - APRS+SA & Peet WX

Jeff Reinhardt jmreinhardt at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 11 12:50:23 EST 2008

Greetings to the APRS SIG - I'm back online after a long absence.

I'm still running APRS+SA along with a Peet  Bros U2100.
The problem is, the wind readings being transmitted are not correct.
My guess is, they are missing a decimal but that's pure speculation.

The readings available on the display of Peet WX station control head
are accurate, no problem evident there, which would also seem to put the
remote anemometer in the clear.
The historical readings stored on the control head are also in line with
the "real-world" experience.

But take a look at what's posted on findu and you see wind readings that
are approximately 10 times those that occurred.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage.cgi?call=AA6JR

All other readings transmitted on APRS appear correct, with the
exception that wind SPEED and GUSTS seem to be reversed when I look at
the history on APRS + SA.

Can anyone help shed some light on this?  I'd appreciate some guidance.

Thanks,

Jeff Reinhardt AA6JR