[aprssig] Re: Position Ambiguity in APRS!

Al Wolfe awolfe at Route24.net
Wed Jan 9 22:09:27 EST 2008

    We've got about three jokers here in Illinois are sending Position
Ambiguity consistently but I don't think they have any idea of how or why.
Their positions show 40  .  N08814.09E or something like that with the lat
to two places and their long to six. In APRSdos one sees twenty or thirty
randomly placed sixty mile circles that blank out everything else. I do not
know these folks or might mention to them that something may be awry with
their packets. If these circles used the same random number each time at
least it would not mess up the whole display with them jumping all over the
place.

    Their calls go into the suplist for now.

Al, K9SI