[aprssig] RE: Position Ambituity in APRS!

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Jan 9 14:23:56 EST 2008

Richard N1JDU wrote...

> This message not read because the poster apparently quoted an *entire*
> digest before leaving his comments at the bottom.

Yeah, it's too bad his message (and yours) wasn't truncated!
On the bright side, he didn't top post - hi!

I just had a D700 user enable ambiguity to see how it displays in
UI-View. As expected (from earlier comments about APRS clones) it
displayed the symbol that the user specified and with the position shown
as if zeros were transmitted instead of spaces. It may not show
ambiguity at a glance like apparently APRSDOS, but if I'm at all
interested in a particular station, it would stand out like a sore thumb
that there were missing digits and what was going on. Of course, the
user could change the callsign to AMBIG or something like that and enter
their callsign in the status text... or perhaps use e.g. WBRAPR-A with
the A standing for ambiguity.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH