[aprssig] Position Ambituity in APRS!

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Jan 9 08:47:34 EST 2008

On Tue, January 8, 2008 12:40 pm, Steve Noskowicz wrote:
[snip]
> Q:
>   I have a D700.  What does *it* do to the GPS Lat/Lon data when Pos-ambig is
> turned on?
[snip]
> --
> 73, Steve, K9DCI

Here's what I found in the Specialized manual (page 26) for the TM-D700A:

PROGRAMMING POSITION AMBIGUITY
There may be cases where you do not know or do not want to report your precise
locations. For position data, you can select the number of digits not to be
included in your packets. Access Menu 3–5 (POS AMBIGUITY) and select 1 to 4,
or OFF (default). The table shows how the digits are cleared.

Off 33° 50.38
1   33° 50.3
2   33° 50.
3   33° 5 .