[aprssig] Position Ambituity in APRS!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 8 12:21:24 EST 2008

For what it's worth, OpenTRAC has a positional ambiguity represented as
a 16-bit integer in meters - enough for a radius of up to 65 km.  Though
in looking at the spec, I think it needs to be more clearly defined what
the 'estimated error radius' is.

One of these days I'll have time to work on it some more.  I'm getting
there - as of yesterday, I'm no longer officially employed full time for
the first time since... well, since I got my first full-time job.  Not
that it affects the number of hours I work each week, but now I get to
spend a few more of those hours on APRS and radio stuff!

Scott
N1VG