[aprssig] TSA regs on GPS?

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun Jan 6 16:38:23 EST 2008

Can take it on as checked baggage or as carry on, cannot use it
during flight.  Southwest showed in their guide that you can't use
GPS or Satellite Radio during flight at all.  However, since my
Sirius SL2 has a mp3 mode, I was able to use that, just not satellite
receive.  Radio receivers as a general rule are prohibited from use
during any part of the flight.

Some airlines may allow you to use (either) or both items, but mine
did not.  I was able to take it on though.

That's my experience anyway this past year.

--Droo, K1XVM