[aprssig] OLPC meeting in DC area?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun Jan 6 15:15:20 EST 2008

> For what it's worth, I've had good success getting
> Xastir working on the box.  The only part I'm
> having real trouble with is soundmodem keeps
> crashing when ever it decodes a packet.

Im hopling you will well document the steps so those of us that
follow later will have the benefit of your efforts.

In the DC area, I think we have several Hams with XO's.  Maybe
we should schedule a meeting and show and tell so that everyone
cal beenefit from the fruits of our efforts?

Kinda like those early digital meetings we used to have.

TO make it easy to compute the centroid of people, everyone
could beacon their position on APRS using the LAPTOP symbol with
an overlay of "O" and then FINDU.COM can draw us a map.  Then we
pick the centroid to plan a meeting...

Thanks!
Bob, WB4APR