[aprssig] PropNET Lessons Learned [was: 6m MS network PerformanceMonitoring!]

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 21:10:23 EST 2008

----- Original Message ----
Do you have any quantitative data?
How many packets per hour success?

---------------------------

I'll see what I can dig up (it was quite a while ago.

In the mean time, what I intended to convey was that success was had during the shower.  When the shower was over, so were the successes.  It was strange, because I had assumed the same thing...there should be "residual" MS.  After all, 6m is nearby to the commercial MS frequencies.

What we didn't test was 12 dBi antennas.  Could +12 dBi make a difference?  Quite possibly!  The answer lies in learning the ERP and modulation mode of the commercial stations who claim 99% path availability.

With this information in hand, the likelihood of translating their success into our success can be more easily ascertained.

Is there anyone on list with experience with these 40-MHz commercial MS stations who can fill us in?

Ev, W2EV