[aprssig] APRS Authors - New Symbols

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 14 12:52:14 EST 2008

> How about a post office with a W overlay?
> After all, that is basically the function
> the Winlink packet node is serving.

Good idea.  Or a Blue roadside P.O. mailbox with a "W" on it.

> .. The roadmap for Winlink (available on
> their web site) is to move away from TelPac
> stations in favor of something called an
> RMSPacket station.  Same general functionality,
> but the TELPAC name will be going away.

I pray that the new RMSpacket station will still allow a
DUMB-TEMINAL loggin so that anyone with any TNC can still use
the system in a come-as-you-are scenario like the present TELPAC
stations do. Emergency Email capabilities should allow for dumb
terminal command-line loggins without special software.

Can someone confirm this?  That you can still send and receive
Winlink Email with only a dumb terminal (Hyperterm?).

Bob