[aprssig] WAAS problems???

Earl Needham earl_needham at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 11:34:56 EST 2008

At 09:54 2/10/2008, I wrote:

>         You're in College Station, or close?  Are you getting
> corrections?  I can't imagine it being this long with no
> corrections.  Maybe my GPS needs a hard reset or something.
>
>At 09:49 2/10/2008, Gerry Creager wrote:
>>Not that I've noticed.  I've not seen any indication of problems on
>>my receiver.
>>
>>Earl Needham wrote:
>>>         I've noticed that it must be a week or 10 days since I
>>> have had WAAS signals -- is there a problem with the system somewhere?
>>>         Thanks,
>>>         Earl
>>>KD5XB -- Earl Needham
>>>Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
>>>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs
>>>Quoting from the Coast Guard: ZUT

         Just to put an end on this thread -- I continued with no
WAAS until last night -- the Garmin GPS V was "trying" to get the
corrections from "satellite #47" and that sat always showed low on
the horizon with zero signal strength.  I ended up doing a key
combination -- MENU + POWER ON -- lost all my data, but now WAAS is
working fine.  And I upload new maps and waypoints from MapSource as
necessary, so all is well now.

         7 3