[aprssig] How do I tell if my computer is 32/64 bit ?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Feb 14 10:39:35 EST 2008

The Core 2 Duo is a dual-core 32 bit machine - but still 32 bits.
Generally speaking, you're going to pay a lot more for a 64 bit machine,
and you usually have to go out of your way to find them, so unless you
got one on purpose, it's not likely you'd have one.

Come to think of it, I've got a couple of 64 bit machines in the garage,
but they're getting pretty old now - an SGI Indigo 2 and a DEC
AlphaStation 200.  All the fun of getting 32-bit software to compile
properly, without the high performance of today's 64-bit processors!
(APRSD has trouble, for one.)

Scott
N1VG