[aprssig] APRS and google

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Feb 13 13:01:53 EST 2008

After 15 years, Im about to lose all of my APRS web links here
at the Naval Academy.  They want to move all pages to a single
new server, which means all my URL's will change to a new
address, and they will have better control over access..

This disheartens me, since these web pages have tens of
thousands of links from other sites, and Google recognizes them
very near the top of the APRS list.

I am assuming that there is no way to get Google to instantly
recognize the new sites?  Or to transfer the statistics from the
old sites to count for the new URL's?

Just wonder if there is a solution to this delimma?

Bob, WB4APR