[aprssig] 2008 Field Day

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Feb 11 22:25:18 EST 2008

HI All
           Just thought you would like to know the ARRL has dropped the
Demonstration 100 point bonus.
They have replaced it with an Education bonus.

To receive the 100 point education bonus you have to have a hands on
type of activity that teaches something "new" to your participants.

See the full packet which you can down load here
 http://www.arrl.org/contests/forms/fd-2008-packet.pdf

The above packet explains this education Bonus better than I can.

Yes you still can make regular QSO points using APRS or packet as long
as the digipeaters you use are ones that are setup for FD.
Nothing has change there. You just no longer get a 100 points for
demonstrating APRS.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs