[aprssig] APRSData + d710 auto tune

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:04:02 EST 2008

>> [We] still use the APRSData program for sending
>> out satellite Alerts daily here in Michigan
>> to show when AO-51 or ISS are in view.
>> These show up on the front panel of all local
>> APRS radio front panels in the mobiles so that
>> mobiles do not need tracking programs to know
>> when to work the birds.
>
> The same functionality is also in Digi_ned ...

Yes, these alerts help all mobiles in an entire city to see when
a bird is in view with not only the direction and distance to
the bird but more importantly the frequencies and doppler.  Just
tune and operate.  See the details at the bottom of this page:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/localinfo.html

In fact, you can even configure your D700 with Voice module to
speak these alerts when the satellites come into view.

Bob, WB4APR