[aprssig] National Jamboree

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 5 18:54:30 EST 2008

I would like to form a team of APRS folks to see if we cannot
fully support the National Scout Jamboree in 2010 at FT AP Hill
in Virginia.

We can do it.... We have the technology...

Do we have anyone who is on the inside that can help us?
We fielded 13 APRS handhelds just for the local Klondike
Derby... The National Jamboree only has 30+ or so troops that
need to communicate...

I'd combine FRS voice reporting with APRS objects and trackers
to get the maximum input, then displays at HQ, Infirmary, HAM
radio tent, etc...

Bob, Wb4APR