[aprssig] APRS and Garmin Nuvi

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Feb 1 17:17:13 EST 2008

Yeah, my Garmin rep confirmed that it's just a level converter,
resistor, and ESD protection.  Even my dealer price (at < 10,000 unit
quantities) is rather obscene, though.

Sounds like it uses the undefined extra pin in the mini-B connector,
which means I've got to hunt down a source of a 5-conductor USB cable to
do some prototyping.

Scott
N1VG