[aprssig] APRS and Garmin Nuvi

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Feb 1 10:45:55 EST 2008

Looks like a standard mini-B to me.  That's not to say they couldn't
overload the pin functions - you can already signal things like bus
resets with single-ended conditions on the differential lines.  Could be
as simple as a pull-down on the + line that switches D- and D+ to RS-232
operation.

The blob on the cable isn't large enough for anything bigger than an
LQFP32 at most.  I really don't expect to find anything that complicated
in there.

Scott
N1VG