[aprssig] Field station

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Fri Dec 19 18:39:53 EST 2008

Yes it MAY be simple.

My experience with LINUX is that it can be hit and miss.

It would take me all of 3 minutes to plug in a TT4 device, and write some serial code

If the soundmodem solution does not work straight up you can end up pulling your hair out and spending hours trying to work out why it does not work with your version of LINUX.

Been there SO many times.

A TNC is the obvious solution, but I cant see why I shud have to pay $400 for a simple packet radio tone enc/dec solution