[aprssig] Field station

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 17:48:23 EST 2008

Byon Garrabrant wrote:
> Actually, I have a new Alpha firmware that is like a KISS TNC, but
> also includes a UI TNC like protocols.  So you setup the MYCALL, DEST,
> PATH, etc, and then anything you send to it, with a CR/LF termination,
> will be sent.  When UI packets are received, they are sent to serial
> like a TNC in converse monitor mode, such as: N6BG>CQ:Testing!<CR>
>
> Byon

Aha!   This is going to be of real interest to the APRSpoint users since
APRSpoint lacks KISS support.

This has been an ongoing issue on the APRSpoint mailing list.    I have
been recommending that they use AGWpe as middleware between TT4s and
APRSpoint since APRSpoint DOES support the AGW DDE interface, and AGW
works directly with KISS TNCs.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map