[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 54, Issue 20

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 18 12:27:31 EST 2008

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, canoeman at qnet.com wrote:

> thers an aprs decoder only board being sold on ebay
> here's the link for it its only 20 bucks.
> or go to ebay and search for aprs, there's a decode (receive only board) and a
> encode (transmit only board.)

There's also the OpenTracker+ (OT1+) kit that you can load KISS
firmware into.  If you later need a tracker, load the normal
firmware back in.

     http://www.argentdata.com/products/otplus.html

It'll also dump waypoint strings out to the GPS, so perhaps one
could use the normal firmware instead and just send those stations
and positions to the database?  Depends on what you want to capture
from each packet I suppose.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer