[aprssig] 16x16 icon set on transparent background?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Dec 18 10:57:45 EST 2008

Gerhard F5VAG wrote...

>> http://f5vag.eu/maps/pics/92_118.png

> On the above link you should see a little Van icon, which is a copy
> of Stephens tiles.

I'm using a fully patched IE7 in XP Pro. When I go there, I see a
"QuickTime thingy" pop up on the screen and eventually see the "blue
van" but doing a "view source" (which I wouldn't expect to do anything
when viewing a PNG or other graphic file not embedded in a page) shows
me...

<head>
<script src="res://mshtml.dll/objectembed_neutral.js"></script>
</head>
onload="ObjectLoad();" leftmargin=0 topmargin=0 scroll=no>
<form id="objectDestination">
</form>

It would appear to me that your web server is doing more than just
present the PNG file to my browser.

Also, if I use "wget" to grab it from a linux box, it only downloads a
167 byte file that appears to be the blue van when viewed.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH