[aprssig] aprs on blackberry?

Matthew Asham/BCWNS matthewa at bcwireless.net
Mon Dec 8 22:49:34 EST 2008

Haven't seen any responses to this so I'm guessing there are no apps out there for blackberry or in the form of a midlet.

I'm curious to know if there is any interest in a blackberry application to post the current position based on the devices internal
gps or an external bluetooth gps, and if so, what features would be desired in an application (I'm thinking a simple screen that
allows for icon selection and status text, and along with a toggle for smart beacon on, or if off, how often to update).  If so I'd
appreciate a response indicating desired features, along with what carrier you're on, network tech (gsm/cdma) and what operating
system you're running.

I don't have a lot of time to invest into writing a BB application but if there is interest I would be happy to spend some hours
over the holidays hacking at this, at least long enough to put onto sourceforge.net so that some others can go about implementing
other features such as messaging.

Thanks

Matthew - VE7UDP