[aprssig] A/N Football Run APRS Usage

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon Dec 8 13:22:08 EST 2008

I've attached a .JPG of the APRS infrastructure used by the FBALL
callsign across the Army/Navy Football run for 2008.  This JPG is very
large, so you'll have to zoom in to see details.  There are definite
gaps in the coverage of the run, and Bob's prediction (duplicate FBALLs)
was true at several points early in the run, but dramatically messed up
the picture late in the run.  The 2 FBALLs bouncing back and forth
completely obscure the wonderfully detailed points of the run as it
entered Philadelphia.

Black dots are the position reports from FBALL.  Black lines join these
dots in time-order.

Red lines are direct reception of the FBALL call.

Green lines are are relay traffic from Digis to IGates.

Note that my graph generator only supports a direct or single-digi path
at the current time.  If additional digis were involved, they will not
be relfected in this map.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Playing with alternate realizations of APRS data!

PS.  Background map supplied by http://openstreetmaps.org - Click the
Export tab to pull a LAT/LON delimited section of map.  Excellent for
UI-View use as well!

PPS.  Maybe if I rejected impossibly fast location changes, I could
clean up the overlapping ping-pongs, but would it be the ping or the
pong that should be retained?...