[aprssig] Newn-N pardigm, and IS>RF message gating via UiView Igate.

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 09:29:15 EST 2008

Hi All...

As a result of the recent announcement (here and other places) that
there is now a recommendation for the whole of Europe to go with
Widen-N, there has "been some discussion" on the APRS-UK list regarding
among other things message gating from the IS to RF through a UiView
Igate, or not as the case might be..

It is said that UiView will not gate a message from the IS to RF, even
when the destination call is local (as defined in the setup) if there is
a WIDE1 (decremented WIDE1-1) in the source path.   Where as RELAY is
not a problem.  (I'm just going on what I've been told at the moment...)

Is this a configuration or inherent problem with UiView?   If a
configuration issue, what needs to change?

Cheers.

Dave G0WBX.