[aprssig] APRS on DSTAR

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 19 10:24:53 EDT 2008

Does the d-710 need an external GPS to get GPS info from in this setup (like
the d710 attachable GPS) or can you grab the GPS data from your 2820 if you
have that add-on already in it?  I believe the GPS data is available right
on the D-STAR slow speed port of the 2820 now and could be passed back into
the d-710?

This is truly exciting, D-STAR and APRS with 1 antenna, 1 radio and 2 heads.
Perfect for my new vehicle installation to keep clutter down!

Thank-you Jeff for the hard work,
Mike
Kb8zgl