[aprssig] APRS on all Radios!!!!

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 17 03:04:24 EDT 2008

Hmmm.
   Sounds like DPL commonly called DCS.  Needs careful thought/design.  This is a problem for Phase/Reactance modulated rigs because of the potential for very low freq components in the data string.  It's a balance between that and making some audible stuff on the high end.  DPL has very carefully selected codes (no long same bit strings) and encoding algorithm, yet still needs very good low freq response in the TX modulator.
  Direct FM imodulator is better, but the radio needs the appropriate low freq response as well.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI