[aprssig] Project-25 for amateur radio

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Aug 16 12:51:17 EDT 2008

48 bits of data can get you a position with ~2 meter resolution
(40,000,000 meters around the equator / 2^24 = 2.38 meters longitude
resolution).  36 bits can represent a 6-character, 6-bit callsign.
Seems like even accounting for some overhead, a 1.5 or 2 second
transmission would be plenty to get a basic position out.

Scott
N1VG