[aprssig] Telemetry question

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Fri Aug 15 19:59:11 EDT 2008

> > I know that APRSDos has this built in, but I
> > really don't want to set up yet another program
> > if I can avoid it.

You don't need to look far both OpenAPRS and aprs.fi support the units and
equation data.  Bob is correct though, you need to make sure that the
message containing the equation and label data gets sent or you won't be
able to decode your telemetry correctly.

For an example of a station that is transmitting the extra bits and their
display on both sites:

http://www.oaprs.net/graph/telemetry/mb7uj
http://aprs.fi/telemetry/MB7UJ

You should notice that station broadcasting a Roof and Heatsink label with
equation data.

73,

Greg

NV6G