[aprssig] Sept ARRL's QST 2008 article

kai.brandt at hjemme.no kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Fri Aug 15 01:53:35 EDT 2008

>I do realize the intent of "voice alert" but a fixed station beaconing
>with a tone and not listening is no worse than a mobile station
>beaconing with a tone and not listening. Of course, the average home

At home i'm using VA for receive only.

Then i can hear when the mobile stations are within range for a direct qso.
Now i don't have to call for a station and i don't have to check a map or the station list to see where a station is.
If i hear the sound then i know some of my friends or a new user is in town :o)

I don't send VA when stationary. But i can enable it if theres a new station i want to contact.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA