[aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 11:21:15 EDT 2008

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:25:55 -0700
> From: Greg D.
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Kenwood TH-D7 Camera mounting?
>

> I guess I should read the whole manual...  Thanks.
> It's actually a nice feature; I wish my other radios did
> that too.

I should warn you though that it's a feature of the Kenwood D7 battery pack. Some third party battery packs don't bother to do it.  I have a couple packs from different vendors.  The one I purchased from Batteries America does have the guides on the pack body but their belt clip doesn't have the matching half.  I have to swap the belt clip with the Kenwood original in order to use them (but the BA belt clip is spring loaded which is rather nice).  Another battery doesn't have the guides at all.