[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 12:33:12 EDT 2008

I'd agree with you if we were talking about something as generic and
obvious as (at), but if we're talking about (d) or de, something that
would relate mostly to the ham community or the smaller APRS
community, I doubt it.  Most of the people I've known or met in that
particular 'industry' were rather lazy and automated in their pursuit.

I suspect there's a bigger interest in e-mails embedded in graphics,
which I haven't seen many attempts from, even though OCR software is
readily available.  We use Open-source OCR software to rip apart
graphic-based spam before we attempt delivery.  The same software
could certainly be used for that easily.

--Droo, K1XVM