[aprssig] APRS in Dallas

Mark Miller kramrellim at tx.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 12:19:17 EDT 2008

At 10:10 AM 8/10/2008, Bob Bruninga wrote:
>Of course it is unfair to criticize an area from a snap-shot, but on
>the other hand, APRS is supposed to provide in 30 minutes a
>reasonable chance of getting good information on everything you need
>to know happening in Ham radio in the area.  I was on the sky-tram
>(roof of the airport) with clear view of the ham radio horizon in
>all directions...

Could you be more specific and list the digipeaters and what their
problems were?  You have to remember DFW airport is about the size of
Manhattan and the DFW metroplex covers a lot of area.  I am in
Arlington TX about 19 miles SW of the airport.  Did you see N5RFX-6
(fill in digi) or N5RFX-8 (igate)?

73,
Mark N5RFX