[aprssig] Email addresses in APRS

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun Aug 10 11:51:36 EDT 2008

Spammers don't tend to take the time to read the SIG to figure out
the format of a few thousand people who disclose their e-mail address. :)

As it goes though I've only had a few rare incidents about spam over
the year and my e-mail address is in my status of my IGate.  One of
those resulted in an altercation with old HAM emailing me from AOL
because someone spoofed my amsat.org address and spammed him.  He
didn't seem to understand the parallel with the regular postal system
where you can put a return address for anyone they want.

--Droo, K1XVM