[aprssig] distributed findu possible ?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Aug 9 17:36:57 EDT 2008

Actually, in the old days the APRS IS worked fine in a browser. You
could do the URL like

http://rotate.aprs.net:10151

When the stream began flowing it was displayed line by line. It does
not work on the core and most other APRS IS hubs because the ports
wait for a filter string and/or a validation string before turning on
the data. Now, you just see the server message as it waits, then gives
up and closes the connection

# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04
# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04 9 Aug 2008 21:33:01 GMT CORE-2
134.173.254.38:10151
# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04 9 Aug 2008 21:33:21 GMT CORE-2
134.173.254.38:10151
If you hunt around you might find a port that still dishes up the
data...

Steve K4HG