[aprssig] distributed findu possible ?

Tom Hayward tom at tomh.us
Fri Aug 8 13:04:41 EDT 2008

> Yep, you can send to the server, via POST or GET.  Server-side, the data
> arrives in an array of the form variables as name, value pairs.

Yes, I understand HTTP works, but what we would need to do to create a
browser-only Findu-like system is have the browser connect to the
APRS-IS. This requires a telnet-like socket. I'm unaware of any way to
do this from a browser, so I think we may be forced to continue using
stand-alone APRS applications, unless we decide to build a p2p network
independent of the APRS-IS.

So to clarify, when I said AJAX, I meant
Asynchronous-Javascript-And-Telnet. I understand where the confusion
could arise--if only the APRS-IS was XML over HTTP :)

Tom KD7LXL