[aprssig] distributed findu possible ?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Aug 8 09:19:02 EDT 2008

That is he way findU works, it does not require AJAX, it is just HTTP.

If you meant the APRS-IS though, I'd say the answer is not really. The
output of the APRS IS is just a never ending stream of data. AJAX
works on a web server with a database backend.You certainly could
write a findU using AJAX, and it could have more features than findU
has now. However, you would need to do what findU does, take the
stream of serial data and load it into a database so that it can be
accessed randomly in response to AJAX requests.

If you want to look at the actual APRS IS data stream in a browser, I
think the best way is still the way I did it 10 or 11 years ago, using
Java (javAPRS)

Steve K4HG