[aprssig] BOUY 4

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:24:22 EDT 2008

> Depending on where it is Friday afternoon when
> I head out again I may
> try to find it and take a photo.

It was recovered today.  But it will be re-deployed abouve once a week for th enext few weeks.  We are leaving it running, because we dont want to break the seal.  It will be on the football field, since if we let it lose the sky, the MicroTrack (TT3) will keep the GPS running till it gets a lock.  ANd that would run the battery down 20 times faster...

Here is the track history

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/track.cgi?call=BUOY-4&degree=.07

YOu can see the final track, and then the other scattered positions as it rode around in the recovery boat while the other 3 buoys (ARGOS) were collected.

Bob, WB4APR
Bob