[aprssig] Map servers down?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 5 17:51:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Rick Green wrote:

>  I have a 'map.gif' and a 'map.png'  gwenview shows something like a
> tigermap in map.gif, and nothing but a grey checkerboard in map.png.
> The timestamps are only ten minutes ago.

Which means Xastir w/wget or w/libcurl is fetching the maps from the
internet dutifully.  It's possible the radar map server is not
delivering the right map to you, but you're evidently fetching
something.

> xastir: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot open

You may have done an update to your system while Xastir was running
which made the GDAL library inaccessible.  Check whether
libgdal.so.1 is still available on your system.  It might also be
that /etc/ld.so.conf needs to have a directory added again and
"ldconf" run as root before binaries can find that library.

If the problem persists you can re-run "./configure" and then "make"
and "make install" to compile Xastir w/o GDAL support (which few use
anyway).

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer