[aprssig] IRLP APRS Ident/status messages

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 07:02:30 EDT 2008

Hi All..

A friend local to me is hoping to put up an IRLP node.

I remember there being a discussion here not that long ago, as to the
best way of formatting the advertisement/status messages such a system
would put out on APRS if so configured.

However, I'm unable to nail down the messages where this was talked
about.  And dispite valient efforts of some to port/mirror Bob's web
pages, many of them are still unreachable...

So, in essance, what does he need to do, so if I remember right, TM-D710
users can use the "Tune" button and go there, if such a message is
received, and the message still make sense to other mk1 eyeball users
with the likes of TH-D7's...

The node will be on 70cms, and I think will have no sub-audiable tone,
but that could change.

73 & Cheers.

Dave G0WBX.
This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk