[aprssig] my frequency status beacon

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Aug 2 06:28:21 EDT 2008

Joe N3HGB wrote...

> Can someone check my station and see if I got the frequency part
> right?

The format of frequency looks good, but 156.8 MHz is marine channel 16
and would only be useful to other marine radio operators and especially
not useful to D710s. Even if they can tune there with their TUNE button,
they can't transmit there. I would suggest instead entering the amateur
frequency you are monitoring and include CH16 in your beacon comment
for the benefit of other APRS users who also have marine radios. Also,
if you are a sailing vessel, why report your altitude?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH