[aprssig] Best TH-D7A after-market battery

Charles Doughtie n5exy at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 16:05:56 EDT 2008

--- "Michael J. Wolthuis" <wolthui3 at msu.edu> wrote:

> I too have been looking for new battery options.  I
> have the Kenwood
> BC-19 drop-in charger though.  Can either the
> Batteries America or the
> Maha battery be charged with this or must they use
> their own custom charger?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
> kb8zgl

When I got mine (years ago, HamCom, Arlington) the
Batteries America rep said "we don't recommend it"
to both the Kenwood charger and the wall-wart charge
through the radio that came with the D7. Some of their
batteries now are marked for "charge through the
radio"
so I don't know - I never did that. I got the
Batteries
America charger and batteries at the same time I got
the D7 and compared them, including a slim free
battery from the Kenwood rep at the show. I KNOW
that the Kenwood batteries charged through the radio
did not hold up. Kenwood drop-in charger - I have no
experience.

Charlie, N5EXY,
South Suburban Greater Hutto