[aprssig] Fw: ADS-B to APRS Server

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sat Apr 26 03:55:44 EDT 2008

1. Yes the device is pricey, but for what it does it is very cheap.
2. Data rate is around 1 Mb/s
3. Modulation type is pulse position modulation.
4. Freq = 1090 MHz

You need to be able to program an FPGA and a 40 MHz A/D.

I can't see Brisbane Airport from here.

I loose it at about 150 ft.

I have just started some more smarts. which shows the coverage map.

Add this into google earth

http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/adsb_coverage.cgi

As a network link.

It works out the bearing and range of a plane, and updates a table with lat
and long if it gets a target further away.