[aprssig] D7 Drop-in Bracket

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Apr 25 15:08:44 EDT 2008

Wow, what I would like to see
is a drop-in bracket for my D7
For the dash board of my car.

With both kids now having summer jobs and Granpa just handed
down another decade old klunker to my klunker fleet, I think
just being able to use a D7 there would be nice.

Connecting Power, GPS, and SMA antenna is no fun.

But I can invision a little bracket that has a spring loaded SMA
(with no threads) from the top, GPS connector and extenal Mic
from the side, and spring clips from the bottom.  And you can
put the radio in an out with one hand...

Make a great aftermarket product...

When I started this email, I had forgotten about the
speaker-mic, and now that makes so many connections, it is a
little more complex than I was thinking when I started this
email... But still possible I guess.

Maybe the way to do it is to make a bracket for the HT with all
these conenctions already made.  The bracket and all of those
existing connectors stays with the HT always.  But then that
bracket/radio combo plugs into the drop-in holder when you move
it in and out of the car...  Then just a 9 pin connector might
do.

Bob, Wb4aPR

Bob, Wb4APR