[aprssig] BL1730

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 22 13:23:02 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 11:28:36AM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jdbandman at earthlink.net> flavor, containing:
> WA5LUY is a legit licensee in Hot Springs, AR. The latest tracker data has
> that callsign embedded in it. I suspect that he owns a tracker?

As far as I can tell, the WA5LUY you're seeing in the packets are just
indicating the station that gated the packet to the internet:

 2008-04-21 22:51:29 UTC: BL1730>APT312,HOTSPR,WIDE2*,qAo,WA5LUY:>MT8000FA v1.0

The WA5LUY comes after the qAo, saying that it was injected into APRS-IS
through a client-only port, with a FROMCALL that does not match the call
of the station that gated it (http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx).