[aprssig] N4243B

bob evinger wd9eka at evinger.com
Fri Apr 18 18:45:38 EDT 2008

maybe he was flying into one heck of a headwind... I've flown backwards
before putzing around in my bird with a top speed of about 60. decided to
cool off and go up to just below 10,000 and back down. truned into the
wind and kept slowing it up trying to hit 0 watching the gps and never saw
it. finally gave up, added throttle started slowing down, added more
throttle slowed down some more, more 0, then showing speed again and a
magic 180 degree direction change w/o doing anything... can you say
DUHHHHHHHHHHH. I had been at an airspeed of about 30, doing a ground spee
d of 20 going the other direction.

I started out just a few miles from my strip. it took me forever to get
back home and then only when I  dropped below about 3,000 did I start
making anyreal headway.  It didnt help that I decided to turn with the
tail wnid and see what kind of a ground speed I could muster. Never had it
over 100 ground speed before, or since and I didnt do it too long for fear
of spending the rest of the day getting home.

sometimes I throw my pocket tracker in, sometimes I dont.(note the aprs
reference). :)

bob