[aprssig] N4243B

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Apr 18 15:55:22 EDT 2008

Earl KD5XB wrote...

> Just wondering -- I'm tracking N4243B in Arkansas, and I can't seem
> to figure out what his callsign is.  Findu shows many packets like
> this:
> N4243B>S5QX2V-2,LTROCK,WIDE2*,qAo,WW5AA:`z5-l ^^/"5Q}SATMAN

It's a mis-configured Micro-Trak 8000. It's "OK" to use a tactical
alias, or in this call the airplane designator, but only if a callsign
is included elsewhere as in a beacon comment. Hopefully someone can
catch up with the owner so he/she can fix it before getting a citation.
Looks like he's "flying low" and sticking tot he roads. Probably in a
vehicle instead of a plane right now. http://aprs.fi/?call=N4243B
Perhaps someone living / driving close by can help...
www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=N4243B
photo op... www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/016425.html

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH