[aprssig] RE: Symbol for utility trailer

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Apr 14 11:42:07 EDT 2008

> I'd like to propose a new symbol for a
> utility / cargo trailer unless you can suggest
> an existing one.  I've gone over the list at
> http://eng.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs/symbolsX.txt
> but didn't really see anything appropriate.
> It would be useful for large events that have
> various types of trailers for supplies and such.

I'm going to suggest the #A symbol.  The present uses of that
symbol are:
/A = Aid station
#A = Square Box with overlay characters

So you could use any overlay character except for "X" as an
object for a trailer, and use the overlay to indicate its
function.  Like C for canteen?  W for water?, S for supplies, W
for widgets?  An X overlay is being used to indicate XA = XO
One-Laptop-per-child...

Bob