[aprssig] NEW laptop for APRS with a Serial Port?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sun Apr 13 16:50:36 EDT 2008

At 01:38 PM 4/13/2008, KENT HUFFORD wrote:
>Most new laptops don't come with Serial Ports, and some not even a PCMCIA
>slot.
>
>I am looking for a fast, new laptop (VISTA), (not a MAC) that has a built-in
>SERIAL Port.

         Well, you have to look pretty hard these days for that, but
occasionally you find one.  It goes right back to what Jason posted
earlier about 20th century radio -- we need to upgrade our stuff --
and a good start would be to move away from serial ports to USB or
FireWire or something else more current.

         Here's one -- but I bet it's expensive!

         <http://www.toughbook-europe.com/ENG/notebook_cf-19.aspx>
         <http://www.toughbook-europe.com/media/CF-19mk2_GB_210x297_iso.pdf>

         7 3